Saturday, August 25, 2007

God's amazing provision

These past couple of weeks have been a bit of a rollercoaster ride, both emotionally and spiritually. I am still in the process of raising my support for STINT. The support trip to Spartanburg went okay, not as much support raising took place as I had hoped. I have had a super hard time getting appointments set up, even here in Orlando. But one thing through all of the ups and downs of the past few weeks, shoot, the past couple of months, that I have always been able to come back to is the knowledge that God will provide. Even when times seem dark, I can trust what God has shown me in the light. Isn't it amazing that no matter what God does not change, he is steadfast and his promises are sure.

I have definitely grown a lot through this process of letting go and giving everything up to God. Because that is all I can do. No matter how hard I work, how many phone calls I make and how many letters I send, the only way my support will come in is to completely rely on God and His provision. It's funny, but as I take these steps of faith to trust Him with my support and ministry, I find it easier to trust Him with other areas of my life as well. I am definitely still a major work in progress though.

But as concerns my support, a miracle took place this week. For weeks now my support has been crawling, and I mean crawling in. But this last week I finally made it to 64%, and then in the space of a day God brought in 10% more. So know I am at 74.5%!!! I only have about $560 a month left to raise. Please, if you are reading this, pray that God will bring in the rest of it quickly, and that I will be faithful to keep working hard on it. It is so tempting to just give up and rest for a while, looking at what has been accomplished. But I have only one week left to be at a more stable point so that I can report and start work. I would truly love to be at 100% by the end of this week. I know that God can do it, he has already done so much, and He is the God of Miracles!!

So here it is, God is our Provider. He clothes the lily's of the field, He provides food for the birds, will He not also provide for our needs, whom He loves more than the lilies or the birds. Will He not also provide for the dreams that He has given us, and show us the path to take to follow His calling.

No comments: