Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Support trip!!

I'm in Spartanburg, South Carolina right now. This is the place where I have spent the last four years of my life, going to College. I have grown to love this place, and it's quiet town feel. I have missed the people here. It's different though coming back in the summer for just a short time. I am here for a couple of reasons, one is to visit my Grandparents for a few days, and the second is to try to make some more connections and work on support raising for my internship in the Fall.

God has been doing some pretty amazing stuff in my life this summer through all of this support raising process and through my recent trip to S. Korea!! I can't even begin to describe all that He is doing, I do not understand all of it yet. He has begun a healing process in my life as I have begun to walk down the road of completely trusting Him with who I am and with my dreams and life. Some days it is almost to much, someone along the way forgot to tell me that refining by the fire hurts this much. But it is sooo worth every tear and every moment of vulnerability and pain. All along the way I have seen his glory, seen his grace and his love in ever increasing measures. It is a joy and a better understanding of who He is and who He has created me to be that I would not trade for anything. Not even for an easier road.

He has been showing me a lot of this as I traveled in the car to get to Spartanburg and as I have been here. If you read this, would you please pray with me that God continues to humble my heart, make me like a child so I can trust him more, and continue the healing of my heart. Please also pray that he would work in miraculous ways and bring in the rest of my support by August 22nd. I know this is where he wants me for this next year, and I am trusting that he will get me there or show me another path.

It never ceases to amaze me how much God truly loves me and desires to fill my every dream! He knows better than I ever could just what I need each and every moment of the day!

1 comment:

Keeley said...

i never knew you had a blog, jess! this is so exciting! i hope you are having a great week:)